Written by funkytoad
Thursday, 01 February 2007 03:10
Page 1 of 2
HostsXpert is an ultra-groovy Hosts file Manager, Editor and Helper-outter. Below you'll find a list of HostsXpert's functions. Just a Simple word of caution - Hosts files are not to be taken lightly -
- Append File - Allows selection of a file to be appended to your current hosts file.
- Replace File - Allows selection of a file to replace your hosts file.
- Merge File - Allows selection of a file to be merged with your current hosts file.
- Create Backup - Creates a Backup of you current hosts file. Backup file will be placed where ever HostsXpert.exe resides on your Hard drive.
- Restore Backup - Restores the backup hosts file.
- Restore MS Hosts - Restores the hosts file to Microsoft's original hosts file.
- Add to Hosts Files - Adds the line item into your hosts file.
- Delete Line - Deletes highlighted line from hosts file.
- Toggle Comment - Toggles whether or not a line is a comment ('#').
- Sort File - Sorts the current hosts file in alphanumeric order, removes all comment lines and duplicates.
- Swap Localhost - Swaps the current hosts file between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0
- Remove Block Items - Removes all blocking lines in the current hosts file.
- Copy to Clipboard - Copies the current hosts file to the clipboard.
- Make Hosts read-only/writable toggle
- Search - Enter text to be searched for, click Previous or Next.
- Open in Memopad - Opens the Memopad built-in to HostsXpert.
Save Hosts - Saves the Hosts file from Memopad.
Save As - Allows you to save the hosts file as a file other than "Hosts".
Save Hosts Exit Memopad - Saves the Hosts file from Memopad, and returns you to normal view.
Exit Memopad - Does not save changes.
Remove Whitelist Items -Removes whitelisted Domains from your hosts file.
Add Whitelist Items - Add the whitelisted domains back into your hosts file.
ViewWhitelist - Opens up your whitelist for direct editing.
Save and Exit Whitelist - Saves changes, and closes the editor.
Exit Whitelist - Exits the editor and Discards changes/does not save the whitelist
Merge with or Replace your existing hosts file with either MVPs Hosts file or HpHosts file.
New in v4.1 - You can check for updates via the download menu.
Both websites offer an email subscription service for notification of updates-
MVPsHosts can be found here: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
(Notification subscription info at bottom of page)
hpHosts found here: http://hosts-file.net/
(Notification subscription info on download page)
Change log on page 2
Last Updated on Monday, 07 October 2013 17:34